Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The pace of the big city


Hi there!

I wanted to do something fresh for first post on this blog, so I decided to redesign my latest work. First of all, most of my artwork has been inspired by music. If you want to know what kind of music I like I think the best way is to look through my charts at my last.fm account. Here's the link for that . That being said this piece below is inspired by Croatian hip-hop band called Elemental, and their album "Tempo velegrada" (The pace of the big city) with the emphasis on the title song from same album. If you want to hear the song here is the link

When I started drawing this I thought it could be good representation of a song "Budim se" (I'm waking up) from band Iskaz, but through that process of drawing I was mostly listening to Elemental and their album and things somehow just fell into place. Maybe it was my subconscious playing tricks with me... maybe not.


If you want to see the previous version of this picture before it was redesigned follow this link. Main reference for this drawing was wonderful photography taken by Russian artist WWWest. You can see the photo on this link.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment