Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Marčelo - Tri Prsta

Here is something fresh. I've just finished this image. It is as usual inspired by music... in this case song "Tri prsta" (Three fingers) from a Serbian artist called Marčelo. I've already done couple of illustrations inspired by his music... and I think I will continue to do so. :)



Song is actually a story about a man who was victim of war, told from his father's perspective. It is dark, mysterious and sorrowful tale of tragedy. In this image I tried to represent one special line from song that says:

"A najviše me boli, najviše, ovog mi krsta,
što mu je granata raznela, vidiš, tri prsta.
Da, baš TA tri prsta!" 

which means: "I swear, the thing that hurts me most is that grenade blew away his three finger. Yes THOSE three fingers."
Three fingers that are mentioned here are actual symbol of Serbian people. You can read about three-finger salute here.

Image is published here for the first time. I go now to add it to deviantART. Enjoy and comment!
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment